Cheap Sandwich Maker
Everyone loves a good sandwich. It is easy to make and it just flat out tastes good. There are so many ways you can prepare a sandwich but if you want a nice toasted one, you may want to look into buying a cheap sandwich maker. They only take a few minutes to cook up a delicious grilled sandwich and they have so many combinations you could try.
However a sandwich maker is not for everyone. There are numerous things you need to take into consideration before buying one. Nobody wants to throw money down the drain and what is more wasteful then buying an appliance you wont use, even if it is only thirty bucks? So here are five tips that can help you decide whether or not you want to buy that cheap sandwich maker.
Information On Cheap Sandwich Maker
1. Studies have shown that a sandwich maker is the least used kitchen appliance. Why? Simply because it has a very specialized purpose. As much as we may love sandwiches, they are not all we eat and since a sandwich maker can only make sandwiches, it goes to waste if you cook yourself something else.
2. Make sure you choose the proper size for your needs. If you get a sandwich maker that is too small, you will end up frustrated as you wait to get all your food grilled up. But if you get one that is too big, you are wasting extra money on something that is not being used to it’s fullest potential.
3. No stick coating, exactly as it sounds. Some cookers come with cast iron plates instead of teflon and while these may be cheaper they are significantly harder to clean and maintain. So while it will run you up a little more, you should look into getting a cooker with a no stick coating. The ability to just wipe it clean after use will be more then worth the added cost.
4. The handles of the cooker are also something you may want to look out for. Sandwich cookers come with locks to ensure you do not accidently open it while cooking. However not all locks are the same, some are made out of plastic and you should try to avoid these.
The reason you should avoid the plastic locks is really quite simple, they break. After a couple months they will end up breaking no matter how careful you are, and you will have to buy a new one. So make sure you get one with a steel lock.
5. A cheap sandwich maker may not always be the best sandwich maker. The saying “you get what you pay for” was coined for a reason. So while it may cost you a little more up front, in the long run a more expensive and durable sandwich maker can actually save you money.
Flickr.com, from FotoosVan… What sandwich maker you get is entirely up to you, but like with everything in life you should do your research and make sure you get the right one, if you even need one at all. No sense in throwing money away on something you don’t need or that will break in a month or two.